Friday, August 20, 2010

Visits from my Dad

Photo of Chesapeake Bay by Eileen, Pa



Todays entry is from Eileen in Gettysburg, Pa
My dad raised us with the help of our Grandmother after my Mother passed away from cancer. I was nine and the rest of the kids were younger. We had a pretty rocky relationship for quite a few years until just before he passed away at the age of 52. He drank alot and I was as a few people pointed out, just like him, pigheaded and stubborn. We battled each other but loved each other too. The parent's curse is true, he got one just like him. I really missed him after he passed. I would go to the phone and dial his number before I realized he wouldn't be there to answer it.

I was in the middle of a dilemma about something that would be life changing for my family. I constantly worry about things and I was in sort of a panic about what I really wanted. The time to make a firm decision was getting close and I still hadn't decided what I wanted to do. 

My dad came to me in dreams sometimes. I don't remember what was said but I would remember he had come to visit. This one night though, I remember it very clearly. He knew I was having a hard time deciding what to do and I remember him looking at me and saying, "Go ahead and do it, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain". I know there was more to that visit but those words are the only ones I remember. I know that I made my decision then and fell back into a nice sound sleep. That is how we came to live out in the Gettysburg area of Pennsylvania on a small farm.

The only other time I have seen him that clearly was during the day. We had one car and I would take my husband to work and I would have to drive through the battlefield to get there. I was driving down Steinhour Ave. just at the beginning of the National Park. My son in the back seat. As I drove down the road I see this guy thumbing a ride. I did a double take, I swear it was my Dad. He had hitchhiked where we used to live as if he could not find a ride. There was no traffic as I did a u-turn in the middle of the two lane road. I was going back to pick him up but when I got there, he was gone. I was really upset and disappointed, but on the other hand, I was glad to see him.

I haven't seen him since then, that I remember but I do have a constant reminder of him. My youngest son is the spitting image of him. He had the looks and the same attitude. I swear he is Dad reincarnated. My son was born with no hair, no eyebrows or eyelashes and in his baby picture, he is shooting the bird. My dad was bald and had at one time singed off his eyebrows and eyelashes while relighting a water heater. My Dad's favorite saying was, "What goes around, comes around", and I believe it has.

Other entries from Eileen: 
Living in Massachusetts part #2
Heart On The Wall


--------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Once a spirit has crossed into the light, they have the ability to come to us in our dreams (when are logical minds are asleep). Not surprising that her dad came to her that way. Interesting about the hitch hiker... I had a puppy that was killed, and 6 months later a friend who was out jogging was surprised by a dog of the same breed who came running at her, with almost the EXACT same name. Those are signs that her dad is trying to communicate! I wrote about how ghosts and spirits in my book, and on my blog every week:http://ghostsandspiritsinsights.blogspot.com/. Spirits communicate differently from ghosts. Ghosts are tied to a place or object.
    - BTW- I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

World