Monday, July 5, 2010

Going Up Hill

Illustration: David McKinney's

When I lived in Gettysburg, PA. There was a town about 35 miles south from us called Fredrick, Maryland. Folks in Gettysburg would go to Fredrick all the time for concerts, shopping and so on. The big story there was that if on a certain road going out of Fredrick, you would come to a hill. A pretty long and steep hill. The story go's that if you drive your car to the foot of the hill and turn your engine off and take your foot off the break, your car would start to go uphill.

One nigh while down in Fredrick, my friend and I decided to give it a try. We parked at the bottom of this hill and shut off the car and took our foot off the breaks and allowed the car to drift back a few inches til it cane to a complete stop. We made sure the gear shift was in the neutral position and then my friend and I just sat in the car very still and waited for something to happen.

After 5 minutes sure enough the car started to slowly go uphill. It went very slowly. Once we were past about the 1/3 mark on the hill we put on the breaks and started the car and backed down to the bottom because we didn't want to go the entire way to the top of the hill because we didn't know what or who was waiting for us there and after all we had our proof that the legend was correct.

I don't know the exact story as to why this happens. I had heard that many years ago some teenagers were killed in an accident as they topped the hill in their car. True or not I do not know. However, I do know that if you go to this road and try it you will start to go up hill. I have been told that not all cars will go up hill there but that some do and the one we were in most certainly did start to go up hill.

we didn't go all the way up and I would NOT recommend anybody go all the way up. No one knows what is waiting at the top of the hill and this was many many tears ago and to be honest I think the road is closed off now. However, it was an experience I can tell you that.

------------------------------------------------------------- 
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------- 

1 comment:

  1. There are areas on the the Earth where the Magnetic Fields Shift and can pull Vehicles up hill. Also, in some Instances what may seem you are going up hill you are actually going down by a percent of a Grade.

    ReplyDelete

World