Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sometimes I See Things

Photo by PJ, Honolulu, Hawaii 2005
This comes to us from Shawn in Ohio
My Dad always insisted that our family take two vacations a year . The whole family together as both my parents were professionals and worked a lot and dad always said that vacations were the only time the whole family was together at the same time.

So when I was about ten years old. We loaded up the car and started on our vacation for that year. My Mom, Dad, and my older brother and I were all set to go and have a good time. It is important to note that this took place 40 years ago. As we were driving through Kentucky I began to get very tired and sleepy as it was in the middle of the night. I somehow managed to fall asleep in the crowed car but only slept for about an hour. When I woke up I heard my Dad complain that the gas tank was on empty as he forgot to fill it up before we left home.

My poor Dad was having a fit because he was so afraid we would run out of gas in Kentucky in the middle of the night. I said, "Dad don't sweat it coz there is a 24 hour store around the corner and hey sell gas. He asked me how I knew that as I had never been anywhere close to Kentucky before and I had also been asleep so if there would have been a road sign ( there wasn't ) I would not have seen it.

Well, sure enough when we rounded the next curve there was a 24 hour dinner that sold Texaco gasoline. After my Dad filled the tank and got us all some food and drink he asked me how I knew that. I informed him that I really did not know how I knew, I just knew.

Ever since then I somehow just knew some things before they happened. Mostly things that had to do with family members or real close friends of the family. I remember telling my Mother one time when I was twelve years old that if she wanted to see her sister again, she should go see her very soon because I just knew she was not going to be around any longer.

My Mother went across town to see her sister the very next day and she told her sister what I had said and her sister just laughed it off. However two days later her sister was killed in a car crash by a drunken driver.

It isn't always bad things I know a head of time . Sometimes It is good things too. One night at a store, I convinced my brother to but a lottery ticked from a new pack that the clerk had just opened. My brother went ahead and bought it but he insisted that the first ticket was never a winner. My brother needed fifty dollars to pay off a ring he was buying for his girl friend's birthday. He just couldn't seem to come up with that last fifty dollars. Once we got into my car he scratched the ticket off and it was a fifty dollar winner.

I do not always know what will happen but I sometimes know something will happen to a person. If I get a warm feeling about a person or event then I know it is something good that will happen. If I get a cold fear come over me then I know it is something bad. In cases of a person who will die soon I sometimes will see a face or get a few letters of that persons name. This is a gift I know, However it is not a gift I want but, God wanted me to have it so therefore, I will use it to do my best for my family and friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------- 
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
-------------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World