Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Dream Come True


Illustration Photo by PJ, Honolulu, Hawaii 2005

Back about 25 years ago I worked at a high class tavern in a ski resort back home in Gettysburg, PA . My job there was to assist the manager of the tavern and also to hire the entertainment for the tavern . It was a job that took a lot of time and energy but I loved doing it. Well one Thursday evening I was getting thins ready for a band that I hired to start the next evening and to play throughout out the weekend. Making sure the contract was for the band was all signed and that the room was ready for the band and so on and so on. All of a sudden I started to feel tired, very tired. I hurried and finished my work for the night and went straight home. Usually once at home I would eat and shower and do things for about three hours and then go to bed. On this nigh when I got home I took a real fast shower and then went right to bed. As I crawled between the sheets I remember thinking about how tired I was. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed after a good nights sleep but yet, I was thinking about the dream I had while asleep. Not that the dream was strange but yet I couldn't get the dream out of my head. While asleep I had a dream that I was sitting on a bed in Indian fashion, talking to a guy about my age back then. This guy was sitting on a chair beside the bed, and that was it, that was the entire dream. The only thing strange about this dream was the fact that I was talking to this guy and when I awoke I knew I didn't even know this guy and have never met him so why was I talking to him in my dream? I didn't even know for sure if this guy really existed at all.

At work that afternoon I wondered why I could not get this dream out of my head. At about 3:30 pm a waitress informed me that the band had arrived to set up and practice before the show that night. I ask her to have one of them come in my office so I could give them their coupons for free meals for the weekend and ski passes in case any of them wanted to go skiing and also to give them the keys to their rooms for the weekend.

A young man walked into my office and I looked up as he entered and we both just froze in our track. he looked as if he had seen a ghost and I am sure I also looked the same. This young man was the man I was talking to in my dream. Now, this band was came from a city three hours away by car and I am sure I never met him before. I introduced myself and he did the same and after some small talk he looked at me and asked if he knew me at all and I said I didn't think so as I have never been to the city he lived in and he informed me that this was his first trip to this city that I lived in.

As we walked to the rooms the tavern provided for guest he looked at me and said "I know this sounds strange but i swear. I had a dream about you last night and I don't even know you." I almost fell to the floor when he said that and I had to tell him I had a dream about him the night before as well. We talked and both wondered why we dreamed about each other and what it all meant.

Well, neither one of us could come up with a suitable answer. However we did become instant friends and hung out for a good year after that and then our lives took us in different directions but, we did stay in touch for three more years and then we lost contact.

I often wonder whatever became of my friend and I bet he often wonders about me. I hope he is doing well and I also hope we will meet again some day. We never did figure out why both of us dreamed about each other before ever meeting each other.

----------------------------------------------------------- 
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World